Who is Octo?
Octo Consulting Group is a leading technology consulting and software development company focused on providing federal agencies with Agile business solutions that yield sustainable results. We combine experienced industry veterans with former federal executives who truly comprehend the challenges of managing in the federal government. Octo practices an “Agile-First” approach to providing support to our customers. We work with agencies to evaluate and adopt Agile methods, including the Scaled Agile Framework™. We deliver software capabilities through Agile methods. Given that the days of “blank checks” in government IT are over, we deliver solutions that enable agility and efficiency in this new normal of budget uncertainty. Among Octo’s primary service offerings are:
- Agile Software Engineering – Delivering mission-critical systems by creatively employing Agile methodologies, efficient architecture, and best-of-breed technologies
- COTS Integration – Designing and delivering enterprise-wide federal solutions by combining industry cut commercial-off-the-shelf products with custom development
- Data Analytics and Visualization – Enabling effective agency decision-making by harnessing the full potential of data
- User Experience Design – Designing systems that maximize adoption and efficiency by partnering with users
- Enterprise Solution / Data Architecture – Implementing enterprise solutions and designing architecture that maximizes value added, produces reductions in total cost of ownership, and contributes to improved performance efficiencies
- Infrastructure and Virtualization – Delivering business agility through infrastructure optimization, cloud migration, and open standards
- Program and Performance Management – Improving performance of critical mission and IT programs by navigating operational, financial, and programmatic challenges
Established in 2006, Octo has grown into a premier provider of technology solutions to the U.S. federal government. We are a nimble, customer-focused, mid-sized business with the maturity, scale, and experience to deliver large complex IT engineering efforts. Because of our size, we maintain an intense focus on all of our customers. We have addressed technical, engineering, and software development challenges across a variety of National Security and Intelligence Community customers such as the Department of Justice, Department of State, and National Geospatial Intelligence Agency. Our experience as a “right-sized” government contractor supports the following distinct benefits for DHS and highlights why Octo is a high-value/low-risk service provider for DHS:
Corporate Commitment to Process Excellence: Octo has expertise and experience in all Service Delivery areas of FC1 with a strong focus on continuous improvement. Evidence of our process maturity includes our industry certifications and partnerships from organizations such as CMMI, ISO, and Scaled Agile. While many companies “purchase” their industry certifications through acquisitions, Octo earns our certifications.
Expertise in Engineering and Agile Development: The emergence of cloud computing, big data, and lean engineering are transforming the way software systems are built. Octo has used our Agile Engineering and Development methodology to rapidly build solutions that are guided by the end-user experience to support a number of mission-critical systems at the National Geospatial Intelligence Agency, Federal Bureau of Investigation, and Occupational Safety and Health Administration. At the U.S. Agency for International Development, we are leveraging our Agile Management practices paired with Lean Systems engineering to enable a regular delivery of value via working systems across both applications and infrastructure.
Culture of Innovation: Octo has a dedicated research and development facility called OLabs™, which is a hub of innovation for solutions used by Octo and our customers. We will apply this culture of innovation to DHS to carefully introduce new technologies and engineering concepts, once we have proven that they will be effective in the DHS environment.
Strong Employee and Customer Retention: Octo’s customer retention and employee retention reflect a higher-quality service delivery for DHS than can be offered by our competitors, ensuring the employees we assign will be fully committed to the DHS mission. Octo has maintained a customer retention rate of 90%, and our employee retention has been recognized through Octo’s designation as a “Best Place To Work” by publications such as the Washington Business Journal and the Washington Post.